The four words that changed my life.

Picture it!
The perfect life! Marriage, three beautiful kids, a beautiful home, stability, safety.
Pretty right? Perfect life.
Now I have to tell you that it was all a damn lie.
I lied to you people of the world.
I put my pretty, perfect pictures up on my Facebook and Instagram and I LIED to you.
One day I finally got the courage to say the words, “I can’t pretend anymore” and just like that, it was gone.
My perfect life was gone and I was filing for divorce.
I’m not going to tell you why, because it’s not your damn business and I bet you $25 I get a text from X later asking why I’m blogging again, and why I’m blogging about this and why I can’t just be a normal human for once.

I’m here to tell you that I am not, nor have I ever been a normal human, so this is what you’re getting.  Just me.
Living the dream.
Divorce, dating, single parenting, coparenting, making it on my own.
My life is simultaneously falling apart and coming together all at once and I am here to tell you that I lived.
There are days when I don’t feel like I will, but lo and behold, the sun rises and the sun sets and swiftly go the awkward and uncomfortable days.

Dating at almost 30. With 3 kids. And a good dose of anxiety and damaged self esteem.
The Lord is testing me.

So far I have survived. I am here to tell you that you will too.

Awkwardly yours,
Meg

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts