I Church’d differently today.

I Church’d a little differently today.
On a day that was always a day of community and worship, I stayed home.
There were no eggs this year. No candy. No rushing to put on Easter pastels.
I got up and made coffee.
I turned on my favorite worship songs.
I did yoga.
And I cried healing tears, because damnit I still believe.
After everything I have been through this year, I believe.

I lost my Church in the divorce.
My Church.
The Church I was baptized in, the Church My great-great grandfather was Pastor of and that all of my family attends. The Church I worked for. My home Church.
They took his side.
And I left.
I do not feel welcome there.

So today, I stayed home.
And I worshipped the Risen Christ in my own way.
And I found hope.

Because my Jesus is bigger than a single Church.
And I am not alone.

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
Hebrews 6:19

Awkwardly yours,
Meg

Comments

Popular Posts