Wise Creatures

"Six months ago, you would have fallen completely apart. Now look at you! You are so strong!"
- A Very Wise Human Who I Love

I lost my Grandma 9 days ago.
For anyone who knows me, you know that I am almost weirdly close to my Grandparents.
They are basically my second set of parents and I love them fiercely.
My Grandma was my best friend.
We thought we had more time.
I don't even have words for how much I will miss her every single day for the rest of my life.

But as I have navigated the last 9 days, something has become very clear.
I am not the same person I was, even 6 months ago.
I am handling this.
It's not easy, by any means, but I am here and I am not drowning, as I most certainly would have just half a year ago.

If I have learned anything throughout this process it is that the people who love you most, are the people who let you just be you.
It is the people who encourage you to be your best self, always.
It is the people who love you in the in betweens and not quites.
It is that real, actual, fierce and fiery love that has filled my broken places.

I am strong.
I can handle hard things.
I can do hard things.
After all, I am my Grandma's Granddaughter.

Friends are wise creatures.
Keep them close and love them hard because they see things in us that we don't see in ourselves

Awkwardly Yours
Meg

Comments

Popular Posts