Balance

I used to feel like I was juggling glass balls.
If I dropped one, they’d all come crashing down.

Turns out I dropped those glass orbs a long time ago.

Two jobs, three kids, band gigs, friends, family, housekeeping, grocery shopping....
I have dropped every single one of them.
But it turns out, what seemed like glass, was a beautiful plastic.

Each one bounced.

And slowly, I’m gathering them back up.
Unrushed, disorganized, and often ungracefully.
But with so much joy. .

You see, my love languages are physical touch and quality time.
So, letting go of the need for perfection gives me TIME.
And my time is the most valuable thing I have.

Housekeeping can wait guys.
Spending time with my people, that’s what can’t wait.

Do I get overwhelmed by chores? Yes.
Do I still need to do laundry? Yes. Unfortunately.
But do I also need to take my kids to the park to play? Yes.
Do I need to spend a Saturday with my mom? Yes.
Do I need to grab drinks with friends? Yes.
Do I need to watch true crime, wrapped up in my boyfriends arms? Yes.

Balance is a tricky game. One that I am still learning how to play.

But I’m pretty sure I’m winning at life.

So let me tell you, I have plenty of time to give.
Just ignore the laundry.

Awkwardly yours,
Meg

Comments

Popular Posts