We aren't always okay.

"I just desperately want to be SEEN!" 
As the words left my mouth, I didn't realize how much weight they actually carried. 

I am a strong, independent, fierce woman. 
I have watched my entire life burn to the ground, and then swept up the ashes. 

But good lord, sometimes I just need someone to see me. 
Really see my heart. 
The mess, the cracks, the trauma - and tell me they are proud of me. 
That they see my struggle.  
And they love me and my mess anyway.

I put on a great front that I have my shit together, and I sometimes do, but in those moments that you feel absolutely worthless, sometimes you just need to be seen.
Really SEEN.
Not for all you have overcome, but for all you have walked through.
For all you continue to walk through.
You need someone to BE there, with you in that moment.
To feel that you come first, after spending your life taking care of everyone else.
Even just for a moment.

No amount of positive thinking or "banishing" negativity will fix it.

Sometimes shit gets hard.
And sometimes you just can't breathe.
It's normal.
It's life.

But Christ, is it hard.
And actions always speak louder than words.

Everybody check on their "strong" friends today.
We aren't always okay.






Comments

Popular Posts