Hello Anxiety

“Just relax and don’t think about it!”
If you’re reading this, I love you so much, but if you say that to me, I might just punch you in the mouth. 

I have anxiety. 
It’s more manageable than in the past, but it’s still very much present. 
Some days are hard. 
Some days are easy. 
Now, I can’t speak to anyone’s else’s experience with anxiety, but I can tell you about mine. 
It always makes me feel like I’m not enough but somehow too much. 
It makes me hyper aware of my actions. 
It makes me second guess every single thing I do. 
It makes me need an incredible amount of reassurance. 
It makes me constantly wonder if anyone actually likes me.
It makes me wonder WHY people like me.

This can be frustrating for people. I understand that. 
So to the people who love me, thank you.
Thank you for not making me question my sanity when I’m feeling anxious.
Thank you for taking the time to text me ALL THE TIME because you know I need a little extra. Thank you for understanding that I have a LOT of feelings that I don’t know what to do with.
Thank you for understanding that sometimes I’m weird.
Thank you for understanding that I need an annoying amount of validation.
Thank you for understanding me.
Thank you for loving me through it.

Awkwardly yours,
Meg

Comments

Popular Posts