Mother’s Day

Mother's Day is tomorrow.
I’m spending my weekend wondering if I’ll even get to see my children.

This is my punishment for leaving.

That’s what happens when you are in an abusive relationship.
Punishments.
For everything.
In my case, often it was for wanting to be more than just his fucking housekeeper.
Or for not being able to let go of the fact that he posted sex ads on Craigslist.
Somehow that was my fault too.

So I’d get ignored. Or blamed.
Or both.

I begged him to go to counseling.

I begged him to love me.

But I just got blamed.

So I got brave. And I left.

So he kept my things. And he harassed me at Church. And he called CPS on me. And he blames and he blames and he blames.

And I keep going. And keep being brave. And keep letting people say and think what they want.
And keep wondering if I’ll get to see my children on Mother’s Day.

Comments

Popular Posts